While I do love cooking and baking, I don’t necessarily enjoy cooking for a crowd – especially a picky mix of adults and children during a birthday party. To simplify the birthday party madness, I prefer to let my crock pot do all the cooking for me. By tossing a few ingredients into the crock pot in the morning, I can have a beautiful meal by the afternoon without stressing over the hot stove. A slow cooker pot roast is also a great way to feed a crowd without breaking the bank. Add in a few frozen pizzas for the kids and I have a meal for 12 for less than $25.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 2 packets of McCormick’s Slow Cooker Pot Roast Seasoning
- 2 cups of carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 8 red potatos
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- chuck roast
Let’s Get Cooking
- Cut celery and onion into large 2 inch chunks
- Add to the crock pot: chuck roast, carrots, celery, onion, potatoes.
- Mix 2 packets of seasoning with 4 cups of water and pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover with lid and slow cook on the high setting for 8 hours.