After what seems like a lifetime of sick kids and a very sick husband, the house is starting to feel somewhat normal. Normal as in the kids having their energy back even though hubby is still in bed wallowing in pain. With almost everyone eating again I whipped up a meal that’s about as gentle on the stomach as it gets. Chicken soup and soft biscuits. Much like the ones from Cracker Barrel Restaurant, these are cotton ball soft on the inside and buttery on the outside.
These biscuits are great for any meal but perfect for dipping in a thick chicken stew. I’m hoping this virus is on the way out and I won’t need my husband to make this meal for me.
- 2 - ¼ cups Bisquick
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted for brushing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Bisquick, buttermilk, sugar and melted butter.
- Use your hands to work the dough into a soft ball.
- On a dry surface, sprinkled about ¼ cup of Bisquick and knead the dough for about a minute until no longer stick.
- Roll the dough about ¼ to ½ inch thick and cut it into squares or use a biscuit cutter.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake the biscuits for 9-11 minutes just until the top is slightly golden.
- Brush tops with melted butter and serve.