Rice Krispies Treats are something we love making for almost any holiday. It’s a dessert that everyone enjoys eating and it can be used or shaped in just about anything you can imagine.
For Valentine’s Day, we love making them into hearts. Last year I tried out a red velvet rice krispies treat snack using cake batter and cream cheese frosting that was a big hit. This year I made them using one of my favorite Valentine’s Day candies.
What makes these a little bit different is the big chunks of marshmallows in every bite. When you mix the mini marshmallows in at the same time as the cereal they don’t melt so you get big chunks of gooey sweetness.
If you’re feeling creative you can also push a stick into them, wrap them in a candy bag, tie with some pretty ribbon and share!
Conversation Heart Rice Krispies Treat Pops
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 drops red food coloring
- 40 large marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup conversation heart candies
- Spray a large baking sheet (with a ledge) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Over medium-low heat, melt butter.
- Add food coloring, mix and add large marshmallows. Stir often until fully melted.
- Remove from heat, add cereal and mini marshmallows.
- Stir until combined.
- Spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray and press the cereal mix onto the cookie sheet until it’s flat and even.
- Randomly press candies into the cereal treats.
- Cool for one hour then cut into bars or hearts with a cookie cutter.