My son has officially reached the age where brands matter, his style has to be cool and my days of bargain shopping the big box stores for back to school clothes are over. I’m less than thrilled. While I want my son to fit in with his friends and embrace his own unique style, I don’t want to go broke while doing it. And that is where TJMaxx comes in. Up until last week, I wasn’t completely sold on the idea of shopping there. However, did you know that T.J.Maxx offers first-quality, name brand and designer merchandise – the same brands you see at the mall and in the department stores – but for up to 20-60% less?
To be quite honest, our T.J.Maxx is highly disorganized, the line is always long to check out and finding sizes for our kids is never easy. It always seems our kids are wearing the popular sizes of clothes that disappear quickly no matter where we shop. For instance, our son wears a size 16. The rack of shirts for sizes 14 and 18 were full but 16 was a limited at best.
That said, we certainly didn’t walk out empty handed.
My son found a “cool” pair of Levi jeans in a dark wash that he really liked. The original price tag was marked $84.00, T.J.Maxx price in perfect condition $28.00 but I only paid $16.99 because they are tagged “Irregular”. Despite the label, they fit and looked perfect.
While shopping with my son I started noticing some fashion trends throughout the apparel available for boys.
- Denim is a key wardrobe staple for guys, and this year whiskered jeans in darker washes are perfectly paired with a plaid button-‐down and chukka boots.
- Vintage tees with a pair of striped shorts and basketball sneakers make his walk down the hall one that no one will forget.
- A lightweight hoodie is his fall jacket. Whether solid or striped, this must-‐have can be worn with everything from shorts to denim and tees or a more formal button-down style.
- For more casual days, athletic wear is a great option. A tee and shorts or running pants with a pair of Americana kicks will keep guys comfortable, yet on-‐trend.
- Cross-‐body bags in either solid or prints are the perfect way for guys to carry their books and look cool at the same time.
In addition to the Levi jeans we scored a long sleeve Timberland shirt and Timberline fleece lined jacket for the cool days ahead, all for under $50. As a mom on a budget, I sure don’t mind finding a complete name brand outfit at that price.
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of T.J.Maxx and Marshalls and received a gift card to facilitate my review and thank me for taking the time to participate.