Every morning I wake up and drag myself into the kitchen to get my day started with a warm cup of tea. It’s the one drink that’s gentle on my stomach and gives me just enough of caffeine to get me going. While I typically drink English Breakfast Black Tea, I did get the opportunity to experience flavored green teas from Lipton. Each tea is uniquely flavored natural fruit flavors like blueberry, raspberry and peach.
My personal favorite is the blueberry tea. After brewing hot water and immediately dunking the tea bag, the blueberry aroma starts filling the kitchen. Now while I would be perfectly fine starting my day with a cup of this fruity tea, there’s something about a scone that just calls out to me. These blue-raspberry scones with lemon glaze are the perfect pairing for any one of the tea flavors, especially the blueberry.
While these scones are perfectly delicious without the glaze, that burst of citrus is what takes these over the top.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, diced and frozen
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup heavy cream + 2 tablespoons for brushing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- In the food processor, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and butter. Process until it creates a cornmeal texture.
- In a large bowl, add the fruit to the flour mixture and gently combine.
- Add the creamy and gently mix with your hands just until incorporated.
- Place the dough on a floured surface, shaping it into a rectangle and cut 5 triangle shapes.
- Brush the top of each scone with the remaining heavy cream.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet at 400 for 18-20 minutes, just until the crust is slightly browned.
- For the glaze, whisk together the juice and powdered sugar until thick and smooth. Add more powdered sugar to reach your preferred thickness.
- Pour the glaze over each scone once they've cooled.
If you’re looking for a fresh start to your morning or something sweet to end the evening with, you’ll want to try these Lipton Green Tea Superfruit flavors which include: Red Goji and Raspberry, Purple Acai and Blueberry and White Mangosteen and Peach.
As a special bonus, the first 3 people to leave a comment in the conversation widget below will each receive a box of the Lipton Green Tea Superfruit.
Now that I have shared what I would pair with these refreshing Lipton Green Tea Superfruits, I want to know, how do you enjoy your tea?
Share your tea time must haves for a chance to win a year’s supply of Lipton Tea, a tea kettle, a tea box, a mug/saucer set, a travel tumbler and a $50 gift card to Amazon.com!