I am a compensated member of the Truvia Kitchen Cabinet network of Honestly Sweet Baking Bloggers. Product has been provided but opinions and product usage are based on my own experiences.
It was about this time last week when my youngest daughter begged me for “a whole buncha nanners” as she calls them. I don’t mind when the kids request fruit but I do mind when they change their minds a day later and want oranges instead. So after I used a few to make banana cream pie push pops I still had about 5 of them sitting in the fruit basket. They managed to get forgotten until I noticed them covered in brown spots. Some folks may just toss them but not me. An over-ripened banana is exceptionally sweet and perfect for banana bread, or in this case, a banana sheet cake.
Last week when I made this scrumptious cake it was a cool and rainy day, perfect for baking.
And something else that’s perfect for baking …. Truvia Baking Blend. I love pulling out the convenient bag with a pour spout whenever I’m baking a cake. Every time I have a recipe that calls for sugar (whether it’s white, brown or powdered) I pull out the Truvia Baking Blend because it provides a sugar-like taste and texture in recipes, but with 75% fewer calories and twice the amount of sweetness than sugar.
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mashed over-ripe bananas (about 4-5 small ones)
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 – ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a 17 x 12 inch jelly roll pan with non-stick spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer whisk together oil, eggs, bananas, sour cream and sugars until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat on medium speed for one minute.
- Pour batter in the pan, spread evenly and bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- To make the frosting whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled cake.
Don’t miss this coupon offer from Truvia sweetener! For a limited time only, you can get $1.25 off a Truvia® sweetener product by sharing these sweet savings with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or email.
Turning the Town Truvia Sweepstakes
Now through May 26th you can visit Truvia on Facebook to nominate your favorite restaurants around town to carry Truvia sweetener. When you nominate you’re also entered to win a $5000 grand prize or weekly $50 gift card prize.
Want to learn more about using Truvia for lower calorie recipes?