This post brought to you by Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
Halloween is just a few short weeks away and whether you’re busy planning out a night of trick-or-treating or hosting a big Halloween party, you’ll surely enjoy some spooky eats and sweets. This year, Avocados from Mexico is hosting a fun Pin & Win contest on the popular social network, Pinterest.
How Do You Enter?
- Follow Avocados from Mexico on Pinterest.
- Like Avocados from Mexico on Facebook
- Create a board on Pinterest titled “Ghouliciously Green Halloween” and categorize it in the “holiday” section and tag it with “#iloveavocadosforhalloween“.
- Pin images to your board that you think would be part of a great Halloween celebration.
- At least 3 pins must come from the Avocados from Mexico Halloween recipes section of their website.
- Describe each pin with the #iloveavocadosforhalloween tag.
- Finally, share your name, pin board link and email address on the Pin to Win contest page on Facebook.
What Can I Win?
Well not only can you browse some very inspiring recipes but you could also win a $100 gift card. There’s some pretty ghoulish ideas on this Ghoulishly Green Halloween board example
Need More Inspiration?
I created my own Ghouliciously Green Halloween pin board that includes some pretty spooky ideas. There’s a great mix of appetizers and desserts, a little something for everyone.
For example, I pinned these cupcakes that are not only made with avocado cake but avocado buttercream and can be decorated as spooky as you want.
Or perhaps if you’re looking for something a bit more savory, this Spookamole with Corn recipe is enough to feed a crowd and comes with some very ghoulish decor.
Want to try some Spookamole with Corn?
Here’s the recipe from Avocados from Mexico.
- 2 fully ripened Mexican avocados, halved, pitted peeled and diced
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 serrano or jalapeño chili, stemmed, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, gently mash avocados with a fork until chunky-smooth. Combine tomato, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss gently. Serve with blue corn chips or vegetable sticks (carrot or celery), if desired.
Whatever spooky and ghoulish treats you decide on, one thing is for sure, you’ll have plenty of creepy foods to go around. Looking for more fun ways to Green your Halloween? Check out Green Halloween®), for great ideas. (Green Halloween is a registered trademark of Green America.)