Well, sort of. What started as weeks of excitement, planning and pure joy thinking how long we’ve waited for the day to take our girls to Disney World has turned into a bit of a downer.
It all started when Emmaleigh spiked a high fever out of nowhere. Then the fever came down and she got a bit spotted. A few spots of what we initially thought was a heat rash (from the fever) or her eczema breaking out again actually turned out to be a severe case of Hand, Foot & Mouth disease, no doubt brought home from her recent visit to the pediatrician for her yearly check-up. No big deal, we can handle a little virus that will run its course and heal in time for her to enjoy vacation.
Then things took another turn for the worst when Kaydence got a fever. We checked her throat for the tell-tale spots and instead found her tonsils swollen up huge covered in white patches. So back to the doctor we went thinking she had strep throat which a quick test did NOT confirm. So until she gets spotted all over her body too, we were told to assume it’s just a virus that she’ll get over. Lovely. Two sick kids 24 hours before we leave for vacation.
My precious little girls that have no idea they’re about to experience the vacation of their dreams are both camped out on my bedroom floor more miserable than they’ve ever been in their lives.
The only thing I can take comfort in right now is the fact that I managed to get us all packed. Whether we’ll be leaving in the morning is still up in the air. I hate to drag these girls through 4 states when they’re feeling this bad but I don’t want them to miss the one and only chance they’ll get to visit Disney World. Let’s just hope and pray after a good night’s sleep they’re both feeling better (and Jon & I don’t end up sick too).
As of right now, we’re set to take off in the morning, destination Chattanooga TN. Wish us luck!