Since I started blogging I’ve had this end of the year tradition of doing a rewind — a picture of each child from every month during the year. (see 2011, 2010)
Well. Umm. I was kind of a slacker with the camera this year.
I feel terrible but as the kids get older they seem to get more camera shy. And yes, I’ve been lazy about pulling out the camera to snap pictures. I wanted to spend more time with the kids than behind the lens watching. But I did find this photo taken of Kaydee last April …
And and here she is now …
It was a pretty big year for this little girl.
- turned 5 years old
- got her first real haircut (which my husband still feels terrible about)
- started her first year of school in Kindergarten
- got her ears pierced a second time (and didn’t cry)
- learned to read
- tried to ride a bike with no training wheels
- turned on us pink lovin’ girls and declared ‘Cowboy blue’ to be her favorite color
- and most recently got her first wiggly tooth